Forward Stride seeks a versatile, results-oriented professional to join our team. We are hiring an Accountant/Bookkeeper to execute all of the organization’s bookkeeping and accounting functions. Position targeted at 25-30 hours per week, with some additional hours for year end closing, audit, and tax reporting. Fiscal year end is June 30th. Benefits are not included but negotiable based on total package.
Specific accounting/bookkeeping responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, and journal entries in accordance to GAAP.
- Prepare Journal Entries for prepaid expense, deferred revenue and payroll cash accounts.
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Receive and deposit all organizational revenue.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly, and maintain file of bank statements, or work directly with outside firm for account reconciliation.
- Execute monthly payroll activities using a 3rd party payroll service provider.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports, and monthly cash flow.
- Support Executive Director in development and analysis of annual organization budget, monthly forecasting and reporting.
- Report the Finance Committee and Board of Directors as needed.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Be key interface with banks and be responsible for cash management (e.g. anticipating cash needs and transferring funds to ensure sufficient cash available at all times).
- Prepare payroll submissions and handle all new hire paperwork.
- Manage employee benefits.
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function.
- Experience working in nonprofit preferred.
- Strong bookkeeping software skills, Quickbooks online preferred.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience going through a financial audit.
- Experience with 990 reporting.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work part time from home as needed.
- Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem solving are all critical skills for success in this role.
- Commitment to the principles of sustainability and sustainable economic development.
As a small organization operating in a very dynamic environment, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure organizational success.
Send inquiries and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!