Equine Facilitated Learning
Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) is an experiential learning approach that promotes the development of life skills for educational, professional and personal goals through equine-assisted activities.
In Summer 2016 we launched our first EFL pilot program by partnering with Boys and Girls Aid. During this 4 week curriculum, we served over 15 youth who were between the ages of 16 and 18 and in the foster system. Our focus for this 4 week curriculum was communication and group dynamics.
The group worked together to complete different tasks involving the horses. At the end of the 4 weeks, the group had gained skills around communication styles, body language, working with a horse individually as well as working as a group to complete tasks.
“This has been a once in lifetime experience for most of our youth.”
– Molly Regan, the program coordinator for Boys and Girls Aid
Benefits of EFL
- Promotes confidence and expertise needed to excel in a workplace environment.
- Increases creative thinking and critical thinking
- Helps decision-making and problem-solving
- Improves communication and interpersonal skills
- Develops self-awareness and empathy
- Gain skills for coping with emotions and high stress situations
Learn More And Register
To learn more about EFL send us an email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in participating in EFL, please fill out the form below.